5 Tips to Live Your Life as a Leading Woman!
Leading Your Best Life!
The New Year is always exciting for all because it gives us an imaginary line to begin our goals and stay dedicated to them. Being a Minority Woman in Leadership isn’t always easy! We have to balance ourselves mentally, spiritually, emotionally, physically, and occupationally despite the social stigmas of race and sex. However, excellence overcomes all forms of oppression. The first step to excel in life is finding yourself in the journey. Here are 5 ways to identify your purpose, set goals, and start your new year off as a leading woman of color.
- Find Your Passion.
- In order to pursue your purpose in life you must find out what fuels your passion. Face your fears and stop comparing yourself to others. Everyone was born with an unique purpose and it is totally up to you to fulfill that purpose. Passion is that feeling in our hearts that tell us that we need to think, act, and produce change. It’s an intense desire that craves to be fed. What are the things that you like to do that make you most happy most? Use that energy and start investing into your passion today.
- Listen to Your Intuition.
- Too often we get caught up in all of the noise by listening to everyone else; when we truly should be paying attention to our own inner selves. First step, tune out every one and everything completely! Never mind the critics, the supporters, the nay-sayers, the yes-man, and just start listening to YOU. We may find that the best decisions in life are found in solitude and peace. Find your peace from within. Then listen to her! She’s waiting to be heard, sister!
- Create Balance.
- Even Queen Cleopatra created a balance in her life with love and leadership. In order to be effective in anything you decide to do; You must create balance. Take the blessing of a beginning to the year and reflect on your past lessons in different areas of your life. If you notice that you are weaker in other areas, such as the personal life than you are in your professional life, then you need to take more time and invest in rebuilding those foundations. We must become sustainable beings in order to pursue our goals. Which means, work hard but have your play too.It’s a fine line between creating insanely great work and trying so hard to be great you become insane. Balance yourself, Sis!
- Be positive. Expect positive.
- I’ve learned that this is a very hard thing for most women of color. Not that we are bitter or angry, like society tries to paint us but sometimes we get so discouraged by the situations in our life and our surroundings that we lose all hope. It’s just so hard! We forget to be positive because we are surrounded by so much negativity. But truthfully energy breeds, so when you start making the decision to channel those negative vibes and use them for good it takes a life of it’s own. That energy will circulate right back to you double-fold. Be sure to be kind whenever possible. Because, inevitably it is truly always possible.
- Cultivate Compassion.
- I’ve heard once, that the people who smile the most are the ones who suffer the most pain. This isn’t because they are egotistically trying to portray a false image but they just don’t want others to feel that amount of hurt they harbor inside. We must learn to love others despite their flaws. Have compassion for greatness sake. At the end of the day, we all just want to be understood and to be love. Begin to treat others how you want to be treated.
With these 5 tips, this is surely the beginning to leading your best life. We all can learn from these life lessons because they affect us all. The truth is, we’ll never know what our journey may bring until we began to learn ourselves. Have a Happy New Year and become a Minority Woman in Leadership today!